7th Grade Atoms
This unit we will answer the questions: "What makes matter different on our world?" and "What is the universe made of?". This unit covers atomic theory, the structure of an atom, the history of where our current model came from, how to read the periodic table, properties of protons, neutrons, and electrons. We will also continue to apply the concepts learned in the scientific methods unit.
- Recognize that atoms are too small to see.
- Describe an atoms and describe its structure.
- Use a periodic table to determine the number of protons, electrons, and neutrons in a particular element.
- Relate atoms to molecules.
- Describe the limitation of using models to represent atoms.
- Investigate how our knowledge of the structure of the atom has developed over time.
Words you need to know:
Table of Contents Left Hand Side
Table of Content Right Hand Side
Pg 55 - "Unit 2 - Atoms" Title Page
Pg 57 - Quiz and Test storage and Atoms Pre-Teaching or Bonus Notes
Pg 59 - AHA Page with Sticky Notes
Pg 61 - Atoms Notes (9-29)
Pg 63 -
Pg 65 -
Pg 67 -
Pg 69 -